The term ‘sensors’ when used in low-light covert surveillance, can denote many technologies, that being
- Night Vision (image intensification)
- Thermal Imaging (heat detection)
- Miniature (concealable)
Night Vision refers to a sensor that utilises an Image Intensifier (Tube) to magnify the available ambient light into a ‘workable’ image. The Image Intensifier is incorporated into the camera/sensor focal plane to
provide high resolution low-light imaging.
Thermal Imaging refers to cameras/sensors that utilise a Thermal Detector as the image gathering device. The Thermal sensor detects the ‘heat signature’ of the target.
Night Vision & Thermal Imaging sensors each have their benefits & drawbacks
- Night Vision will provide an image that will identify features of persons & objects, however requires some ambient light to magnify.
- Thermal Imaging will operate in zero light conditions, however, unlike Night Vision, won’t provide detailed images.
Kit such as the ( DANOS) Day & Night Observation System
incorporates Image Fusion technology, which fuses both the Night Vision & Thermal Imaging images together as an overlay, providing the operator with the benefits of both technologies.
For more information on our Night Vision, Thermal Imaging, low-light & covert sensors, please see -
* MCC7 Miniature High Resolution Covert Camera
* DANOS Thermal/Day/Night Camera System
* Mini DANOS Thermal/Day/Night Camera System
* TIU 2 Thermal Camera
* TRICAM 1500 Day/Low-Light/Night Vision Camera
* L3C216 Shadowed Overcast Starlight Camera
* 'Mini TIU' Thermal CCTV Camera
GENERAL DANOS utilises a 3-camera operating system, Night Vision, Thermal Imaging and Day Colour cameras. Each individual sensor is specifically designed to work under differing…
L3Vision L3C216 24/7 Shadowed Overcast Starlight Sensor The L3C216 operates across the light range, from bright sunlight to shadowed overcast starlight and is ideally suited to 24/7…
TRICAM 1500 The world's first Three Sensor Day/Night Changeover Camera Tricam 1500 combines three technologies (day time / low light / image intensified - night vision) to provide…
MINIATURE HIGH RESOLUTION COLOUR CCTV CAMERA The MCC7 Miniature Colour High Resolution CCTV Camera is the smallest diameter (7-9mm)/length (20mm) CCD camera available today. The…
Showing 1 — 5 of 5